Dublin’s top dinner spots according to your cuisine and budget
Whether you are visiting Dublin or you are a local, you are probably looking for great dining spots to spend a good time and treat yourself with a nice meal.
As Dublin is a multicultural city, there are a large variety of different restaurants and you can easily find excellent places if you like French, Italian, Indian, or even Vegetarian food.
Here is a list of the best places to have dinner in Dublin according to different cuisines and your budget.
Irish Pubs and Restaurants
We couldn’t start this article without giving you our best addresses to enjoy a lovely traditional Irish dinner in Dublin.
- Devitts’s Pub (€) on Camden Street is a charming and welcoming Irish pub serving Dublin’s best fish and chips. It’s the ideal place to watch a GAA match, with a lively atmosphere on match days or enjoy a traditional Irish music session.
- X Buckley (€€) is an Irish steakhouse and pub group in a number of locations around Dublin. Here, you can taste their delicious Irish reared steak and enjoy a cocktail in one of their bustling bars. They also serve Irish oysters at their Oyster Bar.
- Chapter One (€€€) is a mix of Irish and international haute cuisine that is a truly superior dining experience. Save this one for a special evening on your trip
If you are a French cuisine enthusiast, Dublin may be meet your expectations. We have explored the city looking for the perfect places to enjoy a delicious French meals, here are the best ones:
- La Cocotte (€), located within the Alliance Francaise is an informal café diner, where you can soak up the French culture and intercultural exchanges. Their French speaking staff serve regional specials each week and they open until 7.30pm.
- Chez Max (€€) is, without a doubt, the favourite place of French expats of Dublin. Enjoy a delicious Soupe à l’Oignon or some Escargots de Bourgogne with a good glass of wine, in a cosy atmosphere, fabulous!
- Finally, La Maison (€€€) is an excellent French restaurant. It is owned by Breton Olivier Quenet, a chef that used to work in Michelin-starred kitchens and who decided to set up in Dublin a few years ago.
There is nothing like ending your day by eating a good pizza or pasta Bolognese cooked in the Italian tradition. Here are three addresses that will certainly please you.
- Sano Pizza (€) Located within Temple bar, this Italian restaurant is an affordable yet authentic option for any pizza lover. The idea for Sano came about after the MacHugh twin brothers visited Naples and decided to create their own version of the city’s famous ‘pizza napoletana’.
- If you’re looking for a unique Italian/Irish experience, Cirillo’s (€€) is made for you. Their pizza oven was imported from Naples and burns a blend of Irish oak and ash to cook those delicious pizzas! You can also enjoy other delicious Italian dishes including antipasti, salads, pasta and desserts.
- I Monelli (€€€), in the lovely area of Portobello, is the perfect place to enjoy a very fine Italian meal and one of the best Italian Restaurants of Dublin for sure.
Moving to another kind of meals, what about testing the best Asian restaurants we have in town?
- Neon (€) is fast becoming a Camden Street hot spot and it’s easy to see why. It’s the perfect place to grab a quick bite in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Make sure to try their famous Pad Thai, delicious!
- Opium (€€) is a restaurant serving Thai and Vietnamese meals. It is located on Camden Street and it also features a lovely Garden Area and a club to spend the second part of the night.
- Chai Yo (€€-€€€) is the place to go to taste all different kind of Asian dishes. There is something for everyone as they serve Teppanyaki, Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine.
View this post on Instagram
Our Garden Brunch is launching this Saturday just in time for Summer and to make it even better there'll be a complimentary Ketel One Botanical Spritz for all brunchers this Saturday! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. #dineindublin #dublinbrunch #dublinrestaurants
Some of you may be found of curry as we are. We couldn’t not mention our favorite indian restaurants in the city as they are so many in Dublin.
- Govinda’s (€) is a chain of three vegetarian restaurants in the city with hearty Indian fare that is full of flavour. You will not be hungry leaving here!
- Sanai (€€), located on Baggot Street, is known as one of the best Indian restaurants in the city, its traditional atmosphere and its delicious dishes has charmed us, try it!
- Pickle (€€€) is a bit more expensive restaurant than the previous ones but it worth it, it has been mentioned in the Michelin Guide.
View this post on Instagram
What a spread to behold! ? Thank you @winniemarley for sharing this fabulous snap from your visit to Sanai! ☺️ . . . . . . . . #Sanai #dublin #restaurant #tasty #instafood #food #ireland #restaurantireland #dublinrestaurant #food #igers #dining #eating #eat #foodie #foodstagram #foodpics #foodphotography #foodpic #foodies #foodography #foodaroundtheworld #delicious #foodfood #foodtalk #culinary #foodislove #indianfood #indiancuisine
If you are Vegan or Vegetarian you can find it difficult to travel and to find good places that propose options that fit your diet. In Dublin, there are loads of places made for you. We have selected three of them:
- Umi Falafel (€) is a middle eastern restaurant chain dotted around the city, serving tasty falafels, hummus and salads.
- The Electric Vegan (€€) is a little vegan café offering diverse and tasty meals, their pastries are simply amazing!
- Veginity (€€) is the new trendy vegan restaurant in town and a really good one as well, having won multiple awards for their plant based food. We highly recommend it.
View this post on Instagram
Happiness is a piece of cake ✨?? Or a piece of vegan berry cheesecake to be exact… ?? Drop by to try a slice with a friend… or wow your guests at an event! Available from our Catering menu for €45 ? #happiness #cake #vegancatering #vegancheesecake #veganbaking #vegancakes #foodphotography #veganbirthdaycake #govegan
You don’t need to way World Tapas Day to treat yourself with a good meal that would make you feel you are enjoying sunny holidays in Madrid or Mexico. Here are a list of the best places we found to relish a good burrito or sharing tapas with your loved ones.
- Las tapas de Lola (€€ – €€€) is one of the best Tapas restaurant of Dublin. It is located on Camden Street. The dishes are delicious and the staff is very nice. Definitely a place to try if you are fond of Spanish cuisine. In the same kind of atmosphere, you can also try Salamanca (€€), you will not be disappointed.
- If you are looking for the perfect place to have the perfect Mexican dinner, Acapulco (€€) will be ideal for you!
Middle Eastern Restaurants
Last but not least, in Dublin we also have very good Middle Eastern cuisine restaurants. Three of them are very popular: Shakshuka (€€) in Rathmines, The Cedar Tree (€€) in the city center and Shouk (€€ – €€€) in Drumcondra.
If you’re planning to visit Dublin soon, have a look to our website to book a room at the best rates.